When shopping for running socks and hiking socks, fiber makeup is an important consideration. The performance of a sock’s fiber can mean the difference between an awesome running or hiking workout and an uncomfortable one. When your gear is scratchy, soggy, or stinky, it can lead to blisters, hotspots and unwelcome distractions. At Injinji, high quality fibers are our priority, which is why we are proud to add naturally benefit-rich Merino wool to our lineup of options for running socks and hiking socks. There are numerous merino wool benefits for you to experience on your next run, hike or workout.
Key Benefits of Merino Wool
Grown by Merino sheep, our new, certified mulesing-free Merino wool socks leverage the built-in benefits of this great fiber. The top Merino wool sock benefits include:
- Moisture Wicking: Sweat and moisture absorb into the Merino wool and quickly evaporate, leaving feet feeling comfortable and dry when walking, hiking and running across even the toughest terrain.
- Odor Resistance: The natural engineering of Merino Wool resists the growth of odor causing bacteria, perfect for long hiking and backpacking days, or extra-sweaty running workouts.
- Breathability: Merino wool’s composition allows for enhanced airflow and ventilation, which lets feet breathe without compromising cushion and protection. This advantage contributes to its quick-drying capabilities.
- Soft Feel: Soft and itch-free, Injinji’s Merino wool socks are an ideal wool to wear directly against the skin.
- Temperature Regulation: Known for its adaptability, Merino wool is a natural thermoregulator. That means optimum running and hiking performance in a variety climates, cooling feet in the summer and warming them in cooler temperatures.
Are Merino Wool Socks Good for Running?
Yes, Merino wool socks are a great option for running. Their fibers naturally wick away sweat and allow your feet to breathe with ventilation and thermoregulation. Injinji’s Merino wool running socks also prevent blisters by eliminating skin-on-skin friction between the toes.
Are Merino Wool Socks Good for Hiking?
Yes, Merino wool socks are great for hiking. Hikers and backpackers know that a long day on the trail can lead to stinky and uncomfortable feet. Injinji’s Merino wool hiking socks resist bad odors, are soft to the touch and allow the foot and toes to splay and align naturally.
Are Merino Wool Socks Good for Sweaty Feet?
Yes, Merino wool socks are great for sweaty feet. Wool naturally wick away sweat and mositure helping to keep your feet and socks dry throughout your adventure. The wool fibers also allow for enhanced airflow and ventilation.
Do Merino Wool Socks Keep Your Feet Warm?
Yes, Merino wool socks do aid in keeping your feet warm while running or working out on a chilly day. Wool also helps keep your feet cool on a warm day since the fibers are natural thermoregulators, making Merino wool the ideal fiber of choice year round.
Injinji’s Merino Wool Products
The Run Lightweight No-Show Wool is a Merino wool running sock built for comfort, feel, and performance across a range of temperatures, distances, and terrains. This ultra-thin, versatile toesock allows your toes to align and splay naturally. The no-show length rests below the ankle and features a heel tab to protect against chafing.
The Liner Crew Wool sock is the ultimate Merino wool hiking baselayer sock for your trekking adventures. By wrapping each toe in fabric, this sock prevents blister-causing skin-on-skin friction and keeps your feet comfortable and dry by wicking moisture away from your skin. Layer the Liner Crew Wool with an outer sock for added cushion and protection, or wear it solo as a soft, lightweight day-hike sock option.
The Outdoor Midweight Mini-Crew Wool and Outdoor Midweight Crew Wool socks are designed for hiking and backpacking on rugged trails in unpredictable weather. Midweight padding adds a layer of cushion to every stride, a breathable mesh knit at the top of the foot provides added ventilation, and cuffs hug the leg, sealing out dust and debris. Newly upgraded in fiber and construction, the Outdoor socks are the perfect Merino wool hiking socks.
The advantages of Merino wool are numerous, try out a pair and experience the benefits today!